Terms and Conditions regarding class bookings, reservations and cancellations
Please note that all classes must be pre booked using our booking system. You can book on to you group class just before it begins, as long as there is space and minimum numbers have been met.
If you intend to come to a class, be aware that there is a 6pm cut off for minimum numbers, the night before the class is due to start. In the event that minimum numbers not met, payments will be refunded accordingly.
For all group-lead classes, a minimum of 3 students are required in order for the class to take place. If these numbers are not met, students registered on the class will be offered a private / semi – private class in its place or they can opt to book on another class.
*** Not booking in advance may result in your group class being cancelled and private classes being offered to other students. You may book classes 2 weeks in advance ***
If you are on a membership with us you can create a reoccurring slot for your chosen class each week. In the event you cannot make a class, please unregister with as much notice as possible to allow another student to attend.
We have a limit on class size and should you arrive without booking you will be turned away if the class is full.
Booking your classes
We have an online booking and payment system online via the book a class tab. All classes must be booked in advance and private classes must be booked as soon as possible from when they’re scheduled. This is to avoid someone else booking your slot and once booked your instructor will work on your personalised lesson plan which takes time to do.
The studio has a strict policy on cancellations. Whilst unforeseen circumstances do occur, its good to remember that class payments are what help keep your studio up to date, paid for, as well as pay for your instructor and their living.
Please read the following carefully ensuring you are aware of the studios policies regarding group and private classes before booking.
Group class cancellations (applicable to pole fitness classes)
The studio retains 50% of the class fee under 48 hours’ notice and the full payment under 24 hours’ notice. Late cancellations for those on memberships will loose their account credit for that class if it’s considered a late cancellation within this time frame.
Private class cancellations
A 50% refund will be given for cancellations more than 7 days ahead of the scheduled class. No refunds will be given within 7 days of your booked class. Our instructors work hard prior to you attending your class to give you the best class possible by planning your session in advance.
If you need to reschedule a private class and this falls within the same calendar month, we will be happy to alter your booking where possible, at no extra cost, as long as you have rescheduled with 7 days notice.
Courses, special events and / or workshops are not refundable or transferable once paid for.
Bank holidays and Instructor annual leave
From January 2020 all membership prices on offer will take into consideration a 2- week closure period which can be implemented at any time between January 2020 and January 2021. Due to this we are not increasing our prices. Bank holidays will not be counted within this allocation and used throughout the year. If we cannot get cover for a class when an instructor is on annual leave, the missed class will go down as annual leave.
For more information, please contact the studio firstname.lastname@example.org
Studio Terms and Conditions
• Please arrive 5-10 minutes prior to your class starting or you may be refused entry and will forfeit your class if you are late. This is to ensure you warm up properly with the class, reducing risk of injury and ensuring your class starts on time. Late students will NOT be permitted to join in the class if they have not attended the warm up. Refunds for late students will not be issued.
• You are NOT permitted to ‘spot’ or “teach” other students whilst attending classes at MVPA. This is for your own safety. Spotting techniques can be complicated and do require a certain amount of strength, as well as differing from move to move. If another students asks for help or for you to show them something, please point them to a teacher or assistant.
• Mill View Pole Academy (MVPA) reserves the right to alter the timetable or teacher due to circumstances beyond our control.
• You must have filled out a waiver and PAR-Q before taking part in any class/event or workshop (this is done through our booking system TeamUp). You must inform MVPA of any changes to your medical condition at each class. If it’s your first class, please let us know about any injuries or conditions that may be relevant to training, no matter hold old they may be.
• If you need to miss a class please try give us at least 24 hours notice and un-register as soon as possible so others can book on. Un-registering will also alert your instructor at the same time. Instructors do not always get to check personal messages before or in-between classes, but we do use the booking system to register attendances,. Classes missed with less than 24 hours notice or without notice will be forfeited. Classes cancelled under 48 hours’ notice will be charged at full price.
• For courses and private classes, the class fee or deposit must be paid at time of booking and the balance of the class / course must be paid at least 1 week in advance of the date of booking. In the event of cancellations payments made are non-refundable.
• MVPA reserves the right to refuse entry to the studio for any reason.
• People believed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be asked to leave classes IMMEDIATELY.
• Please do not apply lotions, moisturisers or creams on the day of the class. Not only will it make you slippy, increasing the risk of injury but it also leaves the poles slippery for others, increasing their risk of injury too.
• You are the best judge of your own health. If you have any sickness or injuries which may put you or others at risk during the class, please inform your instructor.
• You must tell your instructor if you injure yourself during class no matter now minor you think it may be.
• In the event of snow or bad weather there will be notices placed on our Facebook page, Instagram and website. We will also try to contact you individually by text. Please get in touch with the instructor if you are unsure.
• The mats are provided for your safety, please feel free to use them.
• Please do not show or help other students into or out of moves. Our insurance only covers appointed persons to teach. Therefore if someone is trying a move they have not been shown by an appointed person, MVPA will not be liable for any compensation. Every individual is taught moves based on their previous experience, flexibility and strength. Pole fitness instruction involves breaking down many parts of a move. If you were to show someone a new move and miss out a piece of vital information, this could result in a fellow student spending endless amounts of energy, wrongly trying to get into/out of a move with the poor techniques or potentially injuring themselves. Therefore we request you DO NOT teach other students new moves during the class. Only appointed persons are permitted to teach.