Terms and Conditions regarding class bookings, reservations and cancellations
Please note that all classes must be pre booked using our booking system.
If you intend to come to a class, be aware that there is a 6pm cut off (for minimum numbers), the night before the class is due to start. If minimum numbers have been met, the class will remain open for you to book on to any time before the start time.
In the event that minimum numbers are not met, payments will be refunded accordingly, you can book another class or contact us to schedule a private class in its place.
All group-lead classes require a minimum of 3 students in order for the class to take place.
If you have a membership with us you can create a reoccurring reservation for your chosen class each week. In the event you cannot make a class, please unregister with as much notice as possible to allow another student to attend.
We have a limit on class size and should you arrive without booking you will be turned away if the class is full.
Booking your classes
We have an online booking and payment system online via the book a class tab. All classes must be booked in advance and private classes must be booked as soon as possible from when they’re scheduled. This is to avoid someone else booking your slot and once booked your instructor will work on your personalised lesson plan which takes time to do.
The studio has a strict policy on cancellations. Whilst unforeseen circumstances do occur, its good to remember that class payments are what maintain the studio rent and bills, as well as pay for your instructor and their living.
Please read the following carefully ensuring you are aware of the studios policies regarding group and private classes.
Group class cancellations
The studio retains full payment under 48 hours notice for PAYG bookings. Late cancellations within 48 hours for those on memberships, will loose their account credit for that class if it’s considered a late cancellation within the time frame.
Private class cancellations
No refunds will be given within 7 days of your booked class. You’re welcome to reschedule your class if it’s within one calendar month if your original class. Our instructors work hard prior to you attending your class to give you the best class possible by planning your session in advance.
Courses, special events and / or workshops Are non- refundable or transferable once paid for.
Bank holidays and Instructor Annual Leave
From January 2020 all membership prices on offer will take into consideration the total of a 2 week closure period which can be implemented at any time between January 2020 and January 2021, January 2021 to January 2022 and so forth. We will also be closed for bank holidays.
For more information, please contact the studio email@example.com
Studio Terms and Conditions
• Please arrive 5-10 minutes prior to your class starting. If you are late you may be refused entry and forfeit your class. We need you to arrive in plenty of time in order to be welcomed in to the studio and ready to start at the class start time. Arriving at the start time is considered late. Students will NOT be permitted to join in the class if they have not attended the warm up. It is important that you are part of a lead warm up relevant to the class you have chosen, thus reducing risk of injury. Refunds for late students will not be issued.
• You are NOT permitted to ‘spot’ or “teach” other students whilst attending classes at MVPA. This is for your own safety. Spotting techniques can be complicated and do require a certain amount of strength, as well as differing from move to move. If another students asks for help or for you to show them something, please point them to a teacher or assistant.
• Mill View Pole Academy (MVPA) reserves the right to alter the timetable or teacher due to circumstances beyond our control.
• You must have filled out a waiver before taking part in any class/event or workshop. You must inform MVPA of any changes to your medical condition at each class. If it’s your first class, please let us know about any injuries or conditions that may be relevant to training, no matter hold old they may be.
• If you need to miss a class please try give us at least 24 hours notice and unregister as soon as possible so others can book on, this will also alert your instructor at the same time.
• For courses and private classes, the class fee or deposit must be paid at time of booking and the balance of the class / course must be paid at least 1 week in advance of arranged class. In the event of cancellations, payments made are non-refundable.
• MVPA reserves the right to refuse entry to the studio for any reason.
• People believed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be asked to leave classes IMMEDIATLEY.
• Please do not apply lotions, moisturisers or creams on the day of the class. Not only will it make you slippy, increasing the risk of injury but it also leaves the poles slippery for others, increasing their risk of injury too. If you require moisturiser for any skin conditions please speak to your instructor about what is “Pole (or hoop) friendly”.
• You are the best judge of your own health. If you have any sickness or injuries which may put you or others at risk during the class, please inform your instructor.
• You must tell your instructor if you injure yourself during class no matter now minor you think it may be.
• In the event of snow or bad weather there will be notices placed on our Facebook page, Instagram and website. We will also try to contact you individually by text those who have booked into a class. Please get in touch with the instructor if you are unsure.
• The mats are provided for your safety, please feel free to use them at your leisure and where you feel necessary.
• Please do not show or help other students into or out of moves. Our insurance only covers appointed persons to teach. Therefore if someone is trying a move they have not been shown by an appointed person, MVPA will not be liable for any compensation. Every individual is taught moves based on their previous experience, flexibility and strength. Pole fitness instruction involves breaking down many parts of a move. If you were to show someone a new move and miss out a piece of vital information, this could result in a fellow student spending endless amounts of energy, wrongly trying to get into/out of a move with poor technique or potentially injuring themselves. Therefore we request you DO NOT teach other students new moves during the class. Only appointed persons are permitted to teach.