T&C’s and Information regarding the return to training at Mill View Pole Academy.
Phased return to training following
the social distancing guidelines and measures
Updated 3rd September 2020
MVPA wishes to be fully transparent in our approach to our training procedures following government guidelines and the covid-19 pandemic. The information is this document along with any timetables issued, are subject to change as the guidelines may change.
The following are our revised conditions and what you can expect from our studio for your training.
• All classes are now held at the studio and there are no online classes available.
• As we move in to October, you will see changes to our timetable through September where ability level classes will be reintroduced and eventually blend into our new fixed class schedule, available from October.
• Group classes will allow 2 people to share one pole or hoop, with cleaning of equipment between each use.
on arrival to the studio, please place all your belongings into an available box. Keep your box with you (or in the hall way) and refrain from putting lose items such as cloth, phone or grips on any side units or radiators . All items must remain contained within your personal belongings box.
• Private and Semi Private classes will be available at request and under the same re-opening conditions as outlined in this document and their usual T&C’s.
• ‘Spotting’ will be available from your instructor where necessary. Your safety takes priority over the risks of any possible infections. Hands will be sanitized and or washed before and after any contact with a student. Masks are not compulsory. It is advised that you do not wear a mask during exercise. This is advise from our governing bodies.
• With regards to inverted moves and in accordance to our guidance, please do not attempt anything that will place you, your classmates or your instructor at any harm.
• From 1st September all our memberships are back open, unfrozen if you already have one and available to purchase for new students for a discounted price on your classes. Please check there are spaces on classes before purchasing any memberships. PAYG is still available. We ask that you actively use our waitlist system if a class is full. We do get cancellations and if we can see an increase in numbers and a demand for a class, we can look into additional sessions.
• Additional equipment such as yoga mats will not be available to use still. Ask your instructor if you need anything. If you need a safety mat for training, please ask; we have worked hard on our cleaning procedures and are able to be a little more flexibility with the use of pole and hoop safety mats.
If you are attending our strength and flex class you will need to bring your own personal equipment.
There will be no access to toilet facilities until further notice. The landlord has changed the door codes to prevent the public accessing these as per their guidance.
All students will sign an updated waiver before attending classes for the first time since our closures. This will be done via Team up when you next book a class.
Return of Pole Classes and expectations as a customer
• 2 students per equipment. Equipment will be cleaned between each use. You will be provided with a cleaning spray.
•Please use the hand wash or hand sanitizing facilities on arrival to the studio and as much throughout as necessary. We have a new hand wash unit which will be stocked with anti-bacterial hand soap and paper towels. We also have two hand sanitizer stations.
• It is helpful if students can bring their own hand sanitizer to use in order to help with our supply. We do stock some gorgeous BodyShop ones for £2.50.
• No student will open, close or touch the main door still. It will be opened for you in plenty of time ahead of your class to enter and exit. If you are waiting for the door to be opened please stay outside at the safe distance marker.
• You must leave a 2-meter space between students as you wait, enter and exit your class. Markers will be provided pointing out the areas of “safe distance”. Once at your pole all poles are between 2 and 3 meters apart.
• No gatherings in the studio walk way. Please arrive early to classes to gain a safe and staggered entry and wait at a “safe distance” marker on arrival.
• Students MUST bring their own cleaning (microfibre) cloth to every class. Please ask if you need the studio to provide one. This will then be yours and yours only and you’ll be responsible to bring it to each class and wash after each class (above 60 degrees without softener), this will be for your own personal use. We have limited supply so please try to provide your own where possible.
• Students will be asked to clean their own poles at the end of their class with their cloth, as usual procedure.
• Please refrain from helping yourself to studio mats and equipment other than your pole. If you need a safety mat please ask your instructor.
• Should you require a (yoga) mat for floor-based exercises during the class warm up and cool down, please bring your own for personal use. Any equipment you need for your class must be taken with you to your pole to stop you having to walk around the studio. The studio will not be providing use of yoga mats or yoga blocks.
You’re welcome to use your own mobile phone for pictures. Any images of other students can be shared after class via the closed students group or directly to them via DM/ Airdrop/ SMS with their permission.
• You may be asked by your instructor at times to move aside to keep distances. Please do not be offended. We are all eager to get back to “normal” as soon as we can.
Pole Class format
As outlined above, we are now reintroducing classes back into ability levels and all memberships are open. Please be mindful to book a class best suited to your level where possible. Whilst all students are welcome to all classes, if you are attending a level higher or lower than your own, we ask for your patience whilst the content relevant to the class type you’ve booked is delivered first.
We appreciate and understand the demands that our type of fitness has on the body; especially after a long break. Both students and instructors will all be impacted, so safe training is essential! Listen to your body and listen to your instructor whilst we all take time to rebuild our skills. Failure to adhere to our new measures will result in you being asked to leave the class.
Instructor check list and responsibilities
Your instructor will….
- Open the studio door in plenty of time for students to enter and exit the class.
- Your instructor will clean the studio and equipment between every class using one use PPE. This includes the cleaning of all poles, the floor, the hand wash unit , personal belongings storage, the hand sanitizing stations, any other equipment and anything else that has been touched, using antibacterial and antiviral solutions.
- Your instructor will ensure and maintain that a 2+ meter (face to face) distance between instructor / students and students to one another is in place.
- As with all work places, we will encourage workouts to be same -facing or side to side work.
- Ensure each person has a cleaning spray and that you have your own cloth and grip, contained in a personal belongings box.
- A plastic container will be provided so that each person has somewhere to contain their belongings when they arrive. This container will also be cleaned and sanitized between each use.
- Students are not to walk freely around the studio floor. Please ask if you need something.
- Ask if students require any additional aids throughout classes. Communication will be key.
- Issue 4 weekly timetables that adhere to the guidelines as they change. Please bear with us and keep an eye on your class bookings.
PLEASE BE SENISBLE WITH YOUR DECISIONS TO TRAIN. REGULALRY CHECK SYMTPOMS AND MAKE SURE YOU ARE WELL.
IF YOU ARE UNWELL, HAVE A TEMPERATURE OR A COUGH, DO NOT ATTEND CLASSES. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF YOU CLASSMATES IN GENERAL TO PREVENT ANY SPREAD OF ANY ILLESSES AS WE APPROCH AUTUMN / WINTER MONTHS.
IF YOUR INSTRUCTOR FEELS THAT YOU HAVE COME TO CLASSES UNWELL, THE ENTIRE CLASS WILL NEEED TO BE SHUT DOWN (FOLLOWING GVT ADVICE) AND A DEEP CLEAN AND SANITISATION PROCESS WILL HAVE TO TAKE PLACE.
SIMILARLY, IF YOU ARE CONFIRMED POSITIVE FOR COVID-19 WHILST ATTENDING CLASSES, YOU MUST INFORM YOUR INSTRUCTOR IMMEDIATELY.