T&C’s and Information regarding the return to training at Mill View Pole Academy.
Phased return to training following
the social distancing guidelines and measures
Updated 30th July 2020
MVPA wishes to be fully transparent in our approach to re-opening the studio following government guidelines. The information is this document along with any timetables issued, are subject to change as the guidelines may change.
To allow us to keep everyone safe and limit contact between staff and students, the following conditions will be put into place for re-opening the studio for group classes from Monday 27th July 2020
• Until further notice Flexibility and PUMP classes will remain online.
• Kiley will be the only on-site studio instructor.
• All classes will be “Mixed Level Pole & Practice”
• Group classes will be small and consist of one student per pole, and no equipment sharing.
• Private and Semi Private classes will be available at request and under the same re-opening conditions as outlined in this document and their usual T&C’s.
• There will be no ‘spotting’ available from your instructor in group classes order to maintain distancing measures. Therefore, you will be prohibited to invert unless specifically told otherwise or with the exception of a private class. If you are requiring spotting / close contact during a private classes you and your instruct will need to wear a face cover / mask. Please bring your own where possible.
•With regard to any inverted moves; if the risk of danger to yourself is placed at higher level of risk than the risk of the Covid19 infection, your instructor will action a safety spot. Please do not attempt anything that will place you or your instructor at any harm. Be considerate of classmates and listen to your instructor, or book a private class.
• Priority entry to classes will be given to those with open memberships over the lockdown period . All classes to other students will remain at a PAYG rate until 1st September when we will pick up our class sizes to 2 persons per pole. Please contact us to reactivate your membership.
• Additional equipment such as mats will not be available to use unless you have booked a private class. This is to allow thorough cleaning of equipment between each use and is easier managed in private classes.
We are able to facilitate one to one hoop classes from August. Please contact MVPA to arrange. Upon booking you will be sent information regarding the procedures for returning to training that are unique to your hoop class.
In addition, we are delighted to inform you that we have expanded our hoop team and from no later than October, we will be able to reintroduce our group hoop classes throughout the week
There will be no access to toilet facilities until further notice. The landlord has changed the door codes to prevent public accessing these as per their guidance.
All students will need to sign an updated waiver before attending classes. This will be done via Team up when you next book a class.
Return of Pole Classes and expectations as a customer
• 4 Students per class only. One student per pole. You will follow your instructor for taught semi – structured class content with everyone on separate poles. No pole sharing will be allowed.
•Please use the hand wash or hand sanitising facilities on arrival to the studio. We have a new hand wash unit which will be stocked with anti-bacterial hand soap and paper towels. We also have two hand sanitiser stations.
• It is helpful if students can bring their own hand sanitiser to use to help with our supply.
• No student will open, close or touch the main door. It will be opened for you in plenty of time ahead of your class to enter and exit. If you are waiting for the door to be opened please stay outside at the safe distance marker.
• You must leave a 2-meter space between students as you wait, enter and exit your class. Markers will be provided pointing out the areas of “safe distance”. Once at your pole all poles are between 2 and 3 meters apart.
• No gatherings in the studio walk way. Please arrive early to classes to gain a safe and staggered entry and wait at a “safe distance” marker on arrival.
• Students MUST bring their own cleaning (microfibre) cloth to every class. Please ask if you need the studio to provide one. This will then be yours and yours only and you’ll be responsible to bring it to each class and wash after each class (above 60 degrees without softener), this will be for your own personal use. We have limited supply so please try to provide your own where possible.
• Students will be asked to clean their own poles at the end of their class with their cloth, as usual procedure, and then asked to use hand sanitiser to wipe down the cleaning alcohol spray bottle they used at the end of their class and leave at the base of their pole when leaving.
• Please refrain from helping yourself to studio mats and equipment other than your pole. Additional equipment will not be needed during our phased return whilst we are under social distancing measures.
• Should you require a (yoga) mat for floor-based exercises during the class warm up and cool down, please bring your own yoga mat for personal use. Any equipment you need for you class must be taken with you to your pole to stop you having to walk around the studio. The studio will not be providing use of mats of any kind or yoga blocks.
If you have booked a private class and wish to invert, both you and your instructor will wear a face mask to prevent any risk of infection where spotting is required and 2m distancing is not possible. Hand washing will then be required after.
Mobile phones may not be used during class. Please keep personal belongings that are not needed for your class in your allocated box when you arrive.
• You may be asked by your instructor at times to move aside to keep distances. Please do not be offended. We are all eager to get back to “normal” as soon as we can.
• Student PPE: It is up to you if you wish to wear a face mask in general. Please note that wearing a mask is only effective if it stays dry. If your mask becomes wet you will need a new mask, so please consider a change of mask if you decide to wear one. Moisture on the mask will make it in-effective. Wearing a mask is effective in preventing transmission from you to others, not in protecting you from infection by others.
•If you do not take part in a warm up you will not be able to join the class.
Pole Class format
All classes will be “Mixed Level Pole and Practice”. This will allow students the freedom to attend any class that has been scheduled whilst we build our classes back up and of course our strength. You will be led through a warm up, conditioning and a limited class lesson content where you will follow your instructor. There will then be a practice opportunity for independent training, under the supervision of your instructor with verbal support and direction; all in line with the above terms for our group and private classes.
We appreciate and understand the demands that our type of fitness has on the body; especially after a long break. Both students and instructors will all be impacted, so safe training is essential! Listen to your body and listen to your instructor whilst we all take time to rebuild our skills. Failure to adhere to our new measures will result in you being asked to leave the class.
Instructor check list and responsibilities
Your instructor will….
- Open the studio door in plenty of time for students to enter and exit the class.
- Your instructor will clean the studio and equipment between every class using one use PPE. This includes the cleaning of all poles, the floor, the hand wash unit , the hand sanitising stations, any other equipment and anything else that has been touched, using antibacterial and antiviral solutions.
- Your instructor will ensure and maintain that a 2+-meter (from mouth to mouth) distance between instructor / students and students to one another is in place.
- Where social distancing measures cannot be met, a mask will be worn.
- Ensure each pole has an allocated person, cleaning spray and that you have your own cloth and grip.
- A plastic container will be provided so that each person has somewhere to contain their belongings when they arrive. This container will also be cleaned and sanitised between each use.
- Students are not to walk freely around the studio floor. Please ask if you need something.
- Ask if students require any additional aids throughout classes. Communication will be key.
- Warm ups will be pole based or floor based and contained within each persons’ designated area and kept to a low level cardio.
- Issue 4 weekly timetables that adhere to the guidelines as they change. Please bear with us and keep an eye on your class bookings.
IF YOU ARE A PERSON AT RISK OR IF YOU WORK IN AN ENVIROMNMENT WHERE YOU ARE KNOWINGLY AND OPENLY EXPOSED TO THE VIRUS AND MAY BE CARRYING IT, WE ASK THAT YOU ARE SENISBLE WITH YOUR DECISIONS TO TRAIN AND WEAR A MASK. REGULALRY CHECK SYMTPOMS AND MAKE SURE YOU ARE WELL.
IF YOU ARE SICK AND HAVE A TEMPERATURE, DO NOT ATTEND CLASSES.
IF YOUR INSTRUCTOR FEELS THAT YOU HAVE COME TO CLASSES UNWELL, THE ENTIRE CLASS WILL NEEED TO BE SHUT DOWN (FOLLOWING GVT ADVICE) AND A DEEP CLEAN AND SANITISATION PROCESS WILL HAVE TO TAKE PLACE.
SIMILARLY, IF YOU ARE CONFIRMED POSITIVE FOR COVID-19 WHILST ATTENDING CLASSES, YOU MUST INFORM YOUR INSTRUCTOR IMMEDIATELY.