T&C’s and Documents regarding the return to training at Mill View Pole Academy.
Phased return to training following
the social distancing guidelines and measures
MVPA wishes to be fully transparent in our approach to re-opening the studio following government guidelines. The information is this document regarding our phase 1 and 2 of our reopening, along with any timetable issued, is subject to change as the guidelines may change.
To allow us to keep everyone safe and limit contact between staff and students, the following conditions will be put into place for re-opening the studio for group classes provisionally from Monday 6th July 2020.
• Until further notice Flexibility and PUMP classes will remain online.
• Kiley will be the only on-site studio instructor.
• All classes will be “Mixed Level Pole & Practice”
• Group classes will be small and consist of one student per pole.
• Private and Semi Private classes will be available at request (and possibly prior to the above date, to be confirmed) and under the same re-opening conditions as outlined in this document and the usual T&C’s.
• There will be no ‘spotting’ available from your instructor, to maintain distancing measures. Therefore, you will be prohibited to invert unless specifically told otherwise. However, if the risk of danger to yourself is placed at higher level of risk than the risk of the Covid19 infection, your instructor will action a safety spot.
• Priority entry to classes will be given to those with open memberships. All classes to students will remain PAYG until we have been able to assess class capacity to allow memberships to be opened at request.
• Aerial Hoop classes will not be taking place in our phased return. There are various reasons for this decision, but ultimately it is not safe to train off the ground without close contact from an instructor.
• Additional equipment such as mats will not be available to use.
All students will need to sign an updated waiver before attending classes.
Return of Pole Classes and expectations as a customer
• 4 Students per class only. One per pole. You will follow your instructor for taught content with everyone on separate poles. No pole sharing will be allowed.
• Students will need to bring their own hand sanitiser and must use this once you’ve entered the studio and once exited the studio.
• No student will open, close or touch the main door. It will be opened for you in plenty of time ahead of your class to enter and exit. If you are waiting for the door to be opened please stay outside at the safe distance marker.
• You must leave a 2-meter space between students as you wait, enter and exit your class. Markers will be provided pointing out the areas of “safe distance”.
• No gatherings in the studio walk way. Please arrive early to classes to gain a safe and staggered entry and please wait at a “safe distance” marker on arrival.
• Students MUST bring their own cleaning (microfibre) cloth to every class. Please ask if you need the studio to provide one. This will then be yours and yours only and you’ll be responsible to bring it to each class and wash after each class (above 60 degrees), this will be for your own personal use. We have limited supply so please try to provide your own where possible.
• Students will be asked to clean their own poles at the end of their class with their cloth, as usual procedure, and then asked to use hand sanitiser to wipe down the cleaning alcohol spray bottle they used at the end of their class and leave at the base of their pole.
• Please refrain from helping yourself to studio mats and equipment other than your pole. Additional equipment will not be needed or used during phase 1 and 2 of our return.
• Should you require a mat for floor-based exercises during class warm up and cool down, please bring your own yoga mat for personal use during these two phases. The studio will not be providing use of mats of any kind or yoga blocks.
• You may be asked by your instructor at times to move aside to keep distances. Please do not be offended. We are all eager to get back to “normal” as soon as we can.
• Student PPE: It is up to you if you wish to wear a face mask in general. Please note that wearing a mask is only effective if it stays dry. If your mask becomes wet you will need a new mask, so please consider a change of mask if you decide to wear one. Moisture on the mask will make it in-effective. Wearing a mask is effective in preventing transmission from you to others.
Pole Class format
All classes will be “Mixed Level Pole and Practice”. This will allow students the freedom to attend any class that has been scheduled whilst we build our classes back up. You will be led through a warm up, conditioning and a limited class lesson content where you will follow your instructor. There will then be a practice opportunity for independent training, under the supervision of your instructor with verbal support and direction.
We appreciate and understand the demands that our type of fitness has on the body; especially after a long break. Both students and instructors will all be impacted, so safe training is essential! Listen to your body and listen to your instructor whilst we all take time to rebuild our skills. Failure to adhere to our new measures will result in you being asked to leave.
Instructor check list and responsibilities
Your instructor will….
- Open the studio door in plenty of time for students to enter and exit the class.
- Your instructor will clean the studio and equipment between every class using one use PPE.
- Your instructor will ensure and maintain that a 2-meter (from mouth to mouth) distance between instructor / students and students to one another is in place. Where social distancing measures cannot be met, a mask will be worn.
- Ensure each pole has an allocated person, spray and that you have your own cloth and grip. A small container will be provided to each pole for you to put your belongings in. This container will also be cleaned and sanitised between each use.
- Students are not to walk freely around the studio floor. Please ask if you need something.
- Ask if students require any additional aids throughout classes. Communication will be key.
- Warm ups will be pole based or floor based and contained within each persons’ designated area.
IF YOU ARE A PERSON AT RISK OR IF YOU WORK IN AN ENVIROMNMENT WHERE YOU ARE KNOWINGLY AND OPENLY EXPOSED TO THE VIRUS AND MAY BE CARRYING IT, WE ASK THAT YOU DO NO ATTEND GROUP CLASSES.
IF YOU ARE SICK AND HAVE A TEMPERATURE, DO NOT ATTEND CLASSES. PROTECT YOUR CLASS MATES!
IF YOUR INSTRUCTOR FEELS THAT YOU HAVE COME TO CLASSES UNWELL, THE ENTIRE CLASS WILL NEEED TO BE SHUT DOWN (FOLLOWING GVT ADVICE) AND A DEEP CLEAN AND SANITISATION PROCESS WILL HAVE TO TAKE PLACE.
SIMILARLY, IF YOU ARE CONFIRMED POSITIVE FOR COVID-19 WHILST ATTENDING CLASSES, YOU MUST INFORM YOUR INSTRUCTOR SO THAT ALL CLASS MATES FROM YOUR CLASS, INCLUDING THE INSTRUCTOR CAN SELF ISOLATE FOR 2 WEEKS. THIS WILL RESULT IN FULL STUDIO CLOSURE FOR THIS DURATION.